Something a little different for my neglected blog…
Josh’s Paleo Pumpkin Autumn Oat Things
3/4 cup Almond Flour
3/4 cup Arrowroot Powder or Coconut Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 cups Coconut Sugar
12 tbsp Coconut Oil
3/4 tsp Salt
1 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
1 cup Pumpkin Purée
1/2 cup Cacao Nibs
2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Almonds (Whole or sliced)
2 tbsp Strong Coffee (room temp)
1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a casserole dish with Paleo-friendly oil (i used coconut oil). Line with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk almond and arrowroot flours and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil and add coconut sugar over medium heat. Stir often. Once mixture is well combined, set aside and let cool. When mixture is cooled (room temp), add egg, vanilla, and salt.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil/sugar mixture with rolled oats, coffee, pumpkin spice, and pumpkin purée. Add flour/baking powder mixture, cacao nibs, and almonds and stir together.
5. Pour evenly into casserole dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Use a toothpick to test the middle. If done, toothpick should come out clean.
6. Let them cool. Cut and enjoy.