The Paleo diet has been working very well for me. It’s been almost a year, and I still feel great. I’m much more energetic than I used to be, my skin and smile are brighter, and I’ve steadily decreased the waist size of my jeans. I mostly experiment with recipes online, but occasionally like to get creative in the kitchen. Today, I decided to experiment with a savory/sweet dish. I don’t have any experience cooking with fruit, so we’ll see how well this turns out.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast (x2)
- Favorite seasonings
- Coarse sea salt
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Trimmed green beans
- One honeycrisp apple, sliced however you want
- One tablespoon of ghee
For some reason, I don’t have the patience to measure seasonings and stuff out, so season your chicken breasts to your own liking.
Now, here’s how I’m throwing it all together:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice your apples, so they’re ready to go when you need them in step 7.
- In a cast iron skillet (my new favorite method of cooking), heat a tablespoon of ghee on high until the pan is smoky.
- Season your chicken breasts and throw them onto your skillet, turn the heat down to a medium heat, and brown both sides.
- After browning on both sides, about 3 minutes on each side, transfer them to a plate.
- Throw your green beans onto the skillet, add pinch of salt and pepper, and toss for about 2 minutes.
- Add your sliced apples.
- Place your chicken breasts on top of the bed of apples and green beans.
- Pop into your preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
This dish turned out GREAT! The chicken was juicy and flavorful. The apples were a nice touch. Next time, I think I may add some bacon to the green beans and apples.